Last Updated: August 13, 2018
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at https://www.moreheadcain-network.org/ (“Website”) and use our services, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to any information that we collect on the Website, including any information in any e-mails, posts, texts, and other electronic messages between you and the Website, and any information about you transferred to the Website from other websites or mobile or desktop applications. This policy does not apply to any information that we collect by any other means, including offline collection.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and information required for the payment of goods or services that you order from us, including credit card numbers, security codes, and other financial information (“Personal Information”). The information we collect on or through our Website may include information that you provide by registering to use our Website, using our services, posting material, requesting further services, or reporting a problem with our Website. We will also retain records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain traffic data and usage information to help us manage our content and improve your use of the Website. This may include information about your equipment, your IP address, and your browsing actions and patterns when you visit our Website, including the referring and exit pages. The technologies that we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies that are stored on your computer and small embedded electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) on the Website that permit us to count users and obtain other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Legal Basis for Processing
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to present our Website and its contents to you; to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us; and to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information. We may also use your Personal Information to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it and to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. We may also use the information that you provide in any other way that we describe when you provide the information and for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may convert or combine some Personal Information of users into de-identified or aggregated data that does not disclose any of the Personal Information of any individual user. We may disclose any such de-identified or aggregated data without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries and affiliates and to any contractors, service providers, and other third parties (e.g., our third party application management software provider, professional readers who we engage on an independent-contractor basis to assist in reviewing applications, etc.) who need to know such information to support our permitted uses of Personal Information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose disclosed when the information is provided, and for any other purpose with your consent.
We do not currently collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party sites for tracking purposes. We do not currently allow third parties to collect Personal Information on the Website that could be used by them to analyze and store information about your online activities over time and across third-party sites for tracking purposes. As such, our Website is not currently configured to respond in any manner to any “DO NOT TRACK” signals sent by your browser.
Social Media Sites and Widgets
If you log onto the Website through Facebook or a similar social media site, certain information about you will be transferred to the Website, and the fact that you have logged onto the Website and some of that transferred information may be available to other users of the social media site. We will restrict access to any such transferred information about you to the extent required by the policies of any such social media site, but all transferred information will otherwise be subject to the terms of this policy.
You may be able to use social media widgets such as the Facebook Like button on the Website. These widgets will collect your IP address and identify which page you are visiting on the Website, and make your preference information available to third parties. The information collected by such widgets is controlled by third-party privacy policies.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, or if you do not want us to share your Personal Information with third parties for promotional purposes, such as delivering advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to our director of communications, Brendan Foley, at [email protected]. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send an e-mail to Brendan Foley at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you are a resident of the European Union, you will have additional rights as described below in the section titled “Users Outside of the United States.”
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may obtain certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to Brendan Foley at [email protected]. Please note, however, that we do not currently disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and no one under age 13 may provide any information to this Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, make any purchases through this Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact Brendan Foley at [email protected].
Users Outside of the United States
Our Website is hosted in the United States and our services are provided from the United States. It is possible that certain information will be stored on servers in multiple other countries on the “cloud” or other similar distributed hosting platforms. If you are a user accessing our Website or services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside your home jurisdiction, and that by providing your Personal Information you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States and other jurisdictions as indicated above, and to our use of your Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
If you are a resident of the European Union, please note that the EU has determined that the laws of the United States do not provide adequate protection for your Personal Information. Accordingly, we are transferring your Personal Information from the EU to the United States based on your consent, or our need to use your Personal Information to provide services that you request from us, and subject to the following additional protections:
• If we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party that will carry out processing on our behalf, we will enter into a contract with that third party that provides that your Personal Information may be processed only for limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent that you have provided to us, and that the third party must provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information that we are obligated to provide under this Policy while it is processing your Personal Information.
• If your Personal Information is being processed by automated means, you have the right to obtain a copy of your provided Personal Information, together with certain additional Personal Information that we have generated as a result of your use of our services, in a structured and commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transfer such Personal Information to another service provider. Upon your request, we will transfer that Personal Information directly to another service provider if it is feasible for us to do so.
•If we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
•You may restrict our use of your Personal Information, by sending us an email stating your request to Brendan Foley at [email protected], if you have contested the accuracy of that information, or if the processing is unlawful or you need the information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim. We will then store your Personal Information and process it only with your consent, or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim or to protect the rights of others. The restriction with respect to information claimed to be inaccurate would end if we verify the accuracy of that contested information.
• Some of the information that you provide to us when completing an application may be sensitive information related to your racial or ethnic identity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health (including genetic and biometric data), sex life or sexual orientation (“Sensitive Information”). We will use and disclose this Sensitive Information only in connection with considering and processing your application or other communication to us in which you have voluntarily chosen to include such information. We will not otherwise use or disclose any of your Sensitive Information without your express consent, subject to certain limited exceptions. Should we wish to make any other use or disclosure of your Sensitive Information, we will notify you by email and request that you authorize such use or disclosure by responding to the email with your express consent.
• We may create profiles to analyze or predict your performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements. However, we do not make any decision about you that would have legal consequences or similarly significant affects for you based solely on automated decision-making, including the use of profiles.
• Upon our receipt of your request by email to Brendan Foley at [email protected] and our verification of your identity, we will advise you whether or not we are processing Personal Information concerning you and, if so, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information being processed and certain information about the nature and purposes of the processing. If your Personal Information is used for automated decision-making, we will provide you with information on the logic being used and the types of decisions being made. You may correct any such Personal Information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Upon your request, we will erase any of your Personal Information that is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected, or that is being used for direct marketing purposes, or if our use is based on your consent and you withdraw that consent.
• Our Platform may be used by children in the European Union between the ages of 13 and 16 only with parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child in the European Union under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. In addition, if we have collected Personal Information from any child in the European Union to provide goods or services to that child for a fee, we will erase the Personal Information of that child upon request.
• If we are using your Personal Information on the basis of your consent, and we change our Policy to permit any use or disclosure of your Personal Information that is materially different than the uses for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you, we will obtain your consent before we make such further uses of your Personal Information.
If you have a complaint about our compliance with this Policy, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to Brendan Foley at [email protected]n.org. If you have a complaint that has not been satisfied by contacting us at the address above, you have the right to complain to the independent public authority created by your country of residence with the responsibility for monitoring the laws governing the processing of Personal Information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information that you provide to us is stored on our servers behind firewalls, and certain Personal Information will be encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. When we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we have implemented security measures that we think are adequate, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The Morehead-Cain Foundation
Post Office Box 690
Chapel Hill, NC 27514-0690
or via our toll-free number: (800) 741-9023