Six Morehead-Cain Alumni appointed to UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Visitors
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Board of Trustees appointed six Morehead-Cain Alumni to the UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Visitors (BOV) on May 21. This year’s class of members includes 72 Carolina alumni and friends.
BOV members support the UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Trustees and the Office of the Chancellor on strategic initiatives that help advance the University. They also conduct activities related to public relations, government relations, and fundraising.
As Carolina ambassadors, the more than 200 volunteers seek to keep their communities informed about the “ongoing work and issues important to the University” and report feedback to the administration. Members also provide mentorship and guidance, based on their professional experience, to undergraduate students preparing to enter the workforce.
All Morehead-Cain Alumni appointed to the board this year reside in North Carolina.
2021 appointees to the UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Visitors
- Roslyn Crisp (Graduate Fellow ’84, Dental) of Burlington, Alamance County
- Herman Spence (Graduate Fellow ’82, Law) of Charlotte, Mecklenburg County
- Kelvin Harris ’82 of Gastonia, Gaston County
- Neil Riemann ’89 of Raleigh, Wake County
- Julie McManus Werry ’03 of Chapel Hill, Orange County
- Alex Lassiter ’10 of Raleigh, Wake County
The new members begin their terms on July 1 and will each serve four-year terms. The Board of Visitors meets biannually in Chapel Hill.